Social media can be an excellent method to obtain information during an emergency. Below we have shared a few tips on how social media can be beneficial during a disaster:
1. Alert your clients. If your client base actively follows you on Facebook or Twitter, you can easily update them with updated hours, location closures, and other ways to provide your services.
2. Inform employees. You can easily post details so your employees are informed just by checking a tweet or status update. Be careful to not divulge sensitive or confidential data.
3. Use posts to request emergency assistance.
4. Check for updates regarding the emergency, communications, or any other important information.
5. Communicate safety to friends and family.
Check back soon for more blog updates!